Last updated: August 29, 2016
Collection of Information
- Information You Provide to Us. Upliff collects information that you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you subscribe, communicate with other users, provide comments, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, telephone number, postal address including city, state and zip code, and all correspondence or communications with other users or with us conducted via Upliff, and any other information you choose to provide.
- Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Upliff service. When you access or use the Upliff service, we automatically collect information about you, including:
2.1. Log Information: We log information about your use of the Upliff service, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Upliff service.
2.2. Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access the Upliff service, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
2.3. Location Information: If you consent to the collection of location information from your computer or mobile device, we may collect this information when you access or use the Upliff service, or when you otherwise consent to the collection of this information. We may also use your IP address to infer an approximate geographic location for your computer or device. For more details, please see “Your Information Choices” below.
2.4. Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that helps us to improve the Upliff service and your experience, see which areas and features of the Upliff service are popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as “gifs,” “pixel tags” and “tracking pixels”). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in the Upliff service or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Information Choices” below.
- Information from Third Parties. Upliff may, from time to time, obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through the Upliff service in order to enhance our ability to serve you, and to tailor our content to you.
Use of Information
- General Uses. Upliff uses information about you for various purposes, including to:
4.1. Operate, protect, improve and optimize the Upliff service, our business, and our user experience;
4.2. Perform analytics, conduct research, and monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with the Upliff service;
4.3. Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by Upliff and others, and provide advertisements that match user profiles or interests, news and information we think will be of interest to you;
4.4. Send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
4.5. Comply with our legal obligations or requests from law enforcement agencies, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties;
4.6. Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
4.7. Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Upliff is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Upliff service or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
Sharing of Information
5.1. With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf (including without limitation with third-party service providers that may help us to detect inaccurate or fraudulent personal identification documents and related information);
5.2. In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
5.3. If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Upliff or others;
5.4. In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company;
5.5. Between and among Upliff, and its current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership; and
5.6. With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through the Upliff service that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
- Social Sharing Features. The Upliff service may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “share” button), which let you share actions you take on the Upliff service with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide those features.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
- Upliff takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
- Cookies. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Removing or rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third party flash cookies used in connection with the Upliff service. To delete or disable flash cookies please visit www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/security for more information. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of the Upliff service.
- Promotional Communications. You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Upliff by following the instructions in those emails to change your subscription.
Questions and Comments